Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Edinburgh Fringe Fest

On our first ever "bank holiday" in the UK, Ric and I headed up to Edinburgh Scotland (which I've been told should be pronounced Ed-in-bra, not Ed-in-burough as I had been doing...) for the annual Fringe Festival. It's the largest arts and theater festival in the world and lasts for over a month with 2,000 shows on at any given time. Ric and I didn't quite manage to see all 2,000, but we caught 4, all of which we enjoyed.

Here are the pictures from our trip: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelbremer/

Edinburgh is an absolutely gorgeous city that I would highly recommend visiting. It has the charm of a medieval castle and the beauty of the green highlands and ocean (or North Sea? I'm horrible with UK geography... is Scotland even in the UK?)

No comments: