Friday, August 29, 2008

Leaving, on a jet plane

Don't know when I'll be back again... I've enjoyed my second ever trip to Cape Town, but have to admit that I'm excited to get home. The highlights have definitely been the food (it's SO good here) and meeting the team. I also got to meet the woman who've I've been working with for the past six months to set up the office, so that was cool. We felt like we knew each other so well, but had never met in person. Still loving the South African wine as well. It's up and coming, but you can find some jems that are very reasonably priced. Also picked up on a little South African vocab including:

Hectic - when something's crazy or out of control. Like "man, that party last night was hectic"

Shame - said a lot in place of "too bad". But they don't say "that's a shame" just "shame." And it's used really frequently

Brill - in place of brilliant

Divine - just what it sounds like, but used a lot!


Heading back to London tonight at 8:15pm and arrive at 6:50am on Saturday morning. Looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend!

1 comment:

bmason said...

I've loved your entries! I can't believe you saw so many animals! I'm sure the pictures are amazing. I'd love to hear about where you stayed as well. I'm sure you're ready to be home, Rachel. Enjoy your weekend...I guess Monday won't be a holiday for you two??
Mom